Thursday, November 3, 2011

Whisper

Soft whispers in my ear
Ignoring the sounds that I hear

Heading in the direction I feel
Forgetting nightly to kneel

Stressing because nothing is going as planned
And I don't understand

Not happy with the person I became
But still I don't hear Him calling my name

Daily He makes his presence known
The inevitable postponed

Until I had no choice but to turn to Him
Bringing light to what was once dim

Overwhelming feelings
Of an inner healing

Letting go of personal expectations
No longer worrying about complications

My path is now clear
Allowing His word to adhere

In His joy I rejoice
Reconizing His voice

2 comments:

Brian Miller said...

nice...great bit of truth int hat opening..we go our own direction and then wonder why it does not work

Big Mark 243 said...

I think I understand and hope that you find the peace that your life deserves...