Monday, May 2, 2011

Vengeance


Vengeance

There is no justice in death by taking one’s life with your hands
Taking responsibility with what you think are His plans
It’s not our right or place to judge
For our own personal grudge
Vengeance is an act of hate
Where is your morality rate
Two wrongs don’t make it right
We are responsible for death despite
Who started the nonsense
All in the name of defense
In the end its still murder that’s unjust
Doing what we think is a must
At what cost
Lives are still lost

Good Morning All! Am I the only person not celebrating the murder? Is it our right to judge or take life from another? Regardless if you have a uniform or badge...In the end you will still have to answer to God...Murder is murder...To me, two wrongs don't make a right...Our hands are now filled with blood...ever since this war started...This war is not even possible to win...So now we await their promises of more death and destruction...so what we can retaliate again...When does is end???  I foresee the world wars mentioned in "Revelations" coming to pass...

9 comments:

Brian Miller said...

no this is very poignant...i am glad you had the hutzpah to address it...i backed off my initial response at the arrogance of dancing in the streets last night...sure they did it before but...ugh...

HD said...

Initially, I was actually elated upon hearing of bin Laden's demise, but as time passed I'm starting to agree with this view. We shouldn't be celebrating a guy's death like the 4th of July, even if he is a mass murderer. But what can you do?

JStar said...

@Brian-I just couldnt bite my tongue. My views are very strong and thats all everyone was talking about. You know I just HAD to get it off of my chest. Although I DO understand that it HAD to be done in defense of our country and he had to be the example. But to me, its only going to get worse...but the bible does tell us that this is predestined...

@HD-I agree, I felt a sense of relief knowing that he was gone but then I thought about the reprocusions and it terrified me...Then I saw the people celebrating and dancing in the streets and it made me sick to my stomach. I live in DC and I heared about NY...I am sure everyone everywhere was celebrating...but since the pentagon and almost the White House was hit...People here were touched deeply by his demise....

But doesnt that make us just as sick as he was????

Diva's Thoughts said...

Though I am not celebrating as many are, I am not at all sorry.

Moya2bean said...

I feel you and I was thinking about this the other day...murder is murder....in the end....good point...very deep :)
Also, I live in Oceanside California...and Im from temple hills!!!! What are the odds?!?!?! Soooo Im so gonna follow my dmv sister..lol!

JStar said...

Thanks for stopping by Moybean...I will check you out and follow back :) Small world!

The Write Girl said...

What a deep poem...I like the reflections in this piece. Violence never seems to be the answer but since the beginning of time, it existed. War seems endless and it will always be apart of this world. It is troubling but faith and prayer and focusing on all the good things in our lives helps us keep going.

I wanted to check out your site and hope you had an amazing Mother's Day. I hope to hear a poem from you soon dear. Take Care.

Just telling it like it is said...

It is unfortunate but there will be no change unless blood is shed...I want our boys to come home...let them kill themselves if they want to...We need to take care of our own

Don said...

You speak the truth and I couldn't have said it any better, myself.

I'm actually appalled at how people reacted to such a revengeful death.

Kinda scary.