Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Today

I chose this particular pic because its a view I am used to, sunrise in the DC metro area...And I am thankful each day I see this image...I actually pass the monument on my way toand from work :)

Today

Here one day, gone the next
It’s the time in between to reflect
Making each day joyous and fulfilling
Be open and willing
To take on each obstacle that comes our way
Not being lead astray
Cherish love in totality
Make happiness a reality
Stop wasting moments in sorrow
Look forward to tomorrow
For it is never promised
Let the beauty of today not be dismissed

Good Morning All! This is yet another reminder that we need to enjoy what is in front of us...today and stop relying on 2morrow...I JUST got some good news(As I was typing)...They are able to do the procedure...Its really risky and that terrifies me...But its a chance...So I am feeling a sense of relief right now eventhough he still has a long road ahead...I will be right there with him, battling this, encouring him...

9 comments:

Brian Miller said...

smiles. how true...hope you have a great day jstar...

Dulçe ♥ said...

Joy and more joy and then joy and gratitude... the best therapy ever
great poem and pic!!!

Moanerplicity said...

What a historic & mad beautiful vista! Must be nice to get to enjoy such a view on the daily tip.

This poem has such a positive outlook, w/out being all Hallmark about it! I digs.

One.

Diva's Thoughts said...

I am really glad you got that good news!

Anonymous said...

Lovely photo, and i have to agree. enjoy what is here therefore nothing lasts forever!

1ManView said...

Lovely poem and pic Jstar...

Big Mark 243 said...

This is a wonderful pic. It makes me almost missed the area!

Good that they can do the procedure. Better when it gets done. Best when you are back on full.

L&R
Mark

Beauty in Rare Form said...

That IS good news, Jen! So happy for you and your friend. Wonderful! Thanks for keeping us posted.

Miss.Stefanie said...

Amen!!