Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Got Away

I loved you but didnt want to admit it until it was too late
I was scared to love you, terrified to allow my heart to dictate

I did everything to push you away
While you did everything to make me want to stay

I was scared to trust just to get hurt again
I refused to let your love completely in

Time and time again you took me back
But our foundation I cracked

I used distance and your career as an excuse
Your heart I didnt mean to bruise

Because I did love you, I just didnt know how to love
And all my fears rise above

Our history was a learning lesson for me
I learned to again take that chance instead of being love's flee

I had to let you go because my welcome was overstayed
But you will always be, that good man that got away...

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.9

No comments: